Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hello friends and family!!

Well we have now been in our new home about a week and I have already had many requests for updates updates updates.  Originally I had thought I would skip the blog thing and just go with mass emails.  However, not only do I not want to leave anybody out, but having Hal taking on half the responsibility makes it feel more fun.

Here's the run down on week No.1 in Taiwan:
Saturday: I puked and slept all day. Welcome to Taiwan.
Sunday: Went to flower market, bought 3 orchid starts to grow for a dollar each, ate street food
Monday: Met with our new boss, Amanda, and signed our contracts with Gloria English School
Tuesday-Thursday: Workshops all day about summer camps and programs, plus observing different classes in the evening.
Thursday Evening: First Substituting job.
Friday: Shopping. Carrefore to buy groceries, Danxi (thing) store to buy random stuff, stationary store for school supplies... basically starting to settle in.  Had a bunch of people over to hang out that night.
Saturday: Steve's band's last show.  Lots of dancing and awkward small talk on my part.  But how else do you get to know people, right?
Today: Lunch at a traditional Taiwanese restaurant, buying our herb garden, rearranging and setting up our blow up pool in the day room (sun room) to spend the evening sipping gin and tonics in the pool in this 88 degree and 66% humidity weather!  Not too shabby!

We are meeting many people and getting our bearings about us.  We are both now very savvy at driving our scooters around town in traffic and finding our way.  We are at the point where because everything is so new, even little things feel like accomplishments and adventures. All in all, I'm happy and in great spirits!

We'll be sure to update our pictures and such on a regular basis.  I put our skype names to the right with our mailing address, no joke, I would love to hear from everybody!!

Love to you all!

Siri

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having an awesome time! Siri, I'm so glad your dream of being a biker babe has become a reality! :)
    Love,
    Kjersta

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!!!!! so pumped you guys are doing a blog, this skype thing is driving me nuts so this will be great!

    and your first post was awesome so i can't wait for more

    love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scooters and a kiddie pool!? Sounds like you are off to a great start :) miss you guys, but do glad to hear you are already having fun! ~Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out the Photos page! I posted a few photos from today's trip to Taipei and the World's second largest building (Damn you Dubai)- Taipei 101.

    New post to come soon!

    -Hal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear you two are doing well over there! Please keep this blog up for people like me who live vicariously through you. I am really really really going to try to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything sounds fantastic already! Can't believe how fast you've settled in! Siri, I think you must have hit your puking maximum for 2012 by now :)

    -Kira

    ReplyDelete